Details for Assessment at the Department Level Workshop #3
This workshop series is a continuing education program to help teams of two to three faculty members lead their departments in the conceptualization, formulation, and implementation of assessment of some component of their academic programs.
The NSF grant to the MAA for the SAUM Project will provide for food and double-occupancy hotel rooms for 2-3 team members at the March 14-16 session plus provide workshop leaders and logistical support. Participants will be responsible for transportation costs.
For the one-day January 5-6 session, participants will be provided with $110 for food and lodging. Again the SAUM NSF grant will provide workshop leaders and logistical support.
Participating teams of 2-3 mathematical sciences faculty members will be expected to do the following:
Back to Assessment at the Department Level Workshop #3
- Bring to the first session a one-page description of the assessment program that is being planned or is in progress at the team's home department.
- During the first session, in consultation with other teams and the workshop's leaders, devise a plan of development for the assessment program during the period March 2003 to January 2004.
- Carry out the plan during March 2003 to January 2004.
- Prepare either a poster for the SAUM-sponsored Poster Session at the 2004 Joint Mathematics Meetings or a paper for presentation in the SAUM-sponsored Contributed Paper Session at the 2004 Joint Mathematics Meetings. (The Poster Session and Contributed Paper Session have been requested. Posters and Papers must be accepted for the Sessions.)
- Prepare a Case Study to be submitted to SAUM for consideration for posting on the SAUM Web site and publishing in a new volume of case studies on assessment.