Tribute to Invariance
(after American Heritage Dictionary)
- Analogy: Similarity in some
respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
- Conformity: Similarity in form or
character; agreement. Action or behavior in correspondence
with current customs or rules.
- Correspondence: Similarity or
- Equivalent: Having similar or
identical effects. Being essentially equal, all things considered.
- Invariant: Unaffected by a designated
operation, as a transformation of coordinates.
- Model: One serving as an example to be
imitated or compared.
- Paradigm: An example that serves as
pattern or model.
- Pattern: A consistent, characteristic form,
style, or method.
- Regular: Orderly, even, or
symmetrical. In conformity with a fixed procedure,
principle, or discipline.
- Similarity: A corresponding aspect
or feature; equivalence.
- Symmetry: A relationship of characteristic
correspondence, equivalence, or identity among
constituents of an entity or between different entities.
Copyright © 1997 Alexander Bogomolny