Become a Member
Welcome to the MAA. We invite you to join a community of teachers and professionals, who just like you, are excited about the fields of mathematics.
The MAA offers various levels of membership, including plans for undergraduates, graduates, and professionals. To join the MAA, explore our membership options below and pick the plan that best suits your academic and/or professional status.
- Regular- College professors, professional mathematicians, teachers, and any individuals interested in the mathematical sciences are welcome to join as Regular members.
- Regular-Discounted - This membership is identical to the Regular membership except Regular- Discounted members receive a 20% discount on their base membership dues if they meet the income eligibility requirement.
- Secondary School Teacher - This membership level is tailored to meet the needs of secondary school teachers and those who enjoy mathematics just for the fun of it.
- Undergraduate Student - Undergraduate student membership is available to individuals who are currently enrolled as undergraduate or high school students. Students are limited to a maximum of eight years as Undergraduate Student Members.
- Graduate Student - Graduate student membership is available to individuals currently enrolled at least part-time in an accredited graduate program. Graduate students are limited to a maximum of ten years as Graduate Student Members.
- Unemployed - If you are currently unemployed, but actively seeking employment, or if you are disabled, you are welcome to join as an Unemployed member at a significant discount.
- Departmental - Departmental membership is available to mathematical science departments at institutions of higher learning.
- Corporate - Corporate membership is available to all non-academic institutions.
- Other Membership Categories
- Retired - Any individual member who, because of age is no longer in active service, who is in good standing at the time of retirement, and who has been a member of the Association continuously for at least 20 years, may request the Retired dues rate. Retired members receive a 50% discount on their base membership dues.
- Retired-Emeritus - Any individual member that qualifies as a Retired member, may request Retired-Emeritus status. This membership level allows the member to be exempt from the payment of dues while retaining all privileges of membership except the receipt of journals.
- Lifetime - Lifetime membership in the MAA is available to individuals of age 22 or older. Your choice of any/all of the three main journals is included in the dues rate. Prices vary according to your age at the time of ordering.