You are here
Organizational Development - MAA
- Regional Undergraduate Mathematics Conferences (RUMC)
- The MAA has received funding from the Division of Mathematical Sciences at the National Science Foundation to provide support for institutions or groups of institutions that wish to initiate or expand undergraduate mathematics conferences. The primary objective of the grant is to provide as many undergraduate students as possible with the opportunity to present mathematically-oriented talks and to better expand their knowledge of the wide range of theory, history, and applications of the mathematical sciences at conferences that are within their geographic region.
- Guidelines for Programs and Departments in Undergraduate Mathematical Sciences
- This document supports the many curricular reports by presenting a set of recommendations that deal with a broad range of structural issues that face mathematical sciences departments and their institutional administrations. These guidelines are intended to be used by mathematical sciences programs in self-studies, planning, and assessment of their undergraduate programs, as well as by college and university administrators and external reviewers.
- Department Liaisons
- The MAA Department Liaisons Program establishes an important two-way communication link between mathematics departments and the MAA and strengthens the ties between departments and MAA Sections.
- Grant Writing Guide
- The MAA supported Grant Writing Workshops at section meetings in 2000 and 2001. The original presentations were prepared by Tina Straley & Bill Haver and provide tips for writing successful grant proposals.
- Resources for Department Heads
- A listing of resources provided by the MAA, AMS, and other organizations offering information to help run a mathematical sciences department.
- Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences Survey Information
- CBMS compiles the ’Statistical Abstract of Undergraduate Programs in the Mathematical Sciences in the United States.â?
- Annual Survey of the Mathematical Sciences
- The Annual Survey of the Mathematical Sciences, sponsored in part by the MAA, collects information each year about departments, faculties, and students in the mathematical sciences at four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
- Advocacy and Public Policy Efforts
Dummy View - NOT TO BE DELETED