University of Nebraska at Omaha – Progress Report
- Principal Investigator: Janice Rech
- Topic of Minigrant: Developing a
New Elementary Education Mathematics Course
- Duration of Minigrant: December 15,
2003-December 15, 2005
- Date for Visit by PMET Monitor, given by PI:
1st or 2nd week in October 2004, or 1st week in November 2004, or late March
Activities and Projects
- Spent summer '04 developing materials for new course.
- Met with Omaha Public Schools administrator regarding working
with an elementary school during the semester.
- Developed a team of faculty and staff from the College of Arts
& Sciences and the College of Education to oversee, and provide input,
for the sequence of courses for the pre-service elementary teachers.
- Met with College of Education faculty and administrators to changedegree requirements for elementary teachers, to incorporate a two-semestersequence of math for elementary teachers.