Intel Math: Mathematics Professional Development for K-8 Teachers (Preliminary Announcement)
June 27 - July 1, 2010
This four-day training will prepare teams of faculty to deliver the Intel Math curriculum to K-8 teachers. This proven curriculum will deepen teachers' conceptual understanding of mathematics and help them understand and value the building blocks in mathematics that they teach their students.
During this workshop, instructors will:
- Learn history and philosophy of the course
- Review each units' main mathematical ideas and objectives
- Learn how to use each component of the materials
- Practice teaching a session
- Review general course logistics
- Receive an advice from those who have taught the course before
- Find out how to define roles and plan sessions
- Learn about the course evaluation
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Aubrey Neihaus, at the Institute for Mathematics and Education, University of Arizona.
Questions about PREP? Contact Olga Dixon at 202-319-8498 or email@example.com.