Celebration of Leonard Euler’s Tercentenary - St. Petersburg
I. Issue of the commemorative envelope and coin on the occasion of the tercentenary of L. Euler
II. A documentary devoted to Leonard Euler’s 300th anniversary of birth
Organizer: L. Euler Foundation
III. May 14 – Commemoration on the tomb of L. Euler in the XVIII c. necropolis of Alexander Nevsky Laura;
Ceremonial session of St. Petersburg Research Center
IV. May 14-17 – International conference «L. Euler and modern science»
Organizers of the conference: St. Petersburg Research Centre RAS, Institute for the History of Science and Technology RAS, St. Petersburg branch of the Archive of RAS, St. Petersburg Mathematical Society, M. V. Lomonosov Museum - a department of the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography RAS, The Library of RAS and St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg State University of Information Technology, Mechanics and Optics by the assistance of the Committee on Science and Higher Education under the Government of St. Petersburg.
IV. May - «L. Euler – our contemporary»
A symposium of young researchers – laureates of Euler prizes and grants.
Organizer: St. Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
During June and July, the Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg Scientific Center of RAS, St. Petersburg Department of the V. A. Steklov Mathematical Institute, Euler International Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg State University, and Euler Foundation organize a special congress on the occasion of the 300th anniversary of Leonhard Euler's birth. The Congress is supported by the Government of Russia and the local authorities of St. Petersburg.
The Congress will include the Euler Festival (10-12 June, 2007), and a series of satellite conferences (see below for a tentative list). The main event (10-12 June) will comprise a celebration meeting at the 10th June, and several invited talks related to Euler's tremendous scientific activity. The list of invited speakers will be announced in the near future.
The Congress will be held at the St. Petersburg Department of the V. A. Steklov Mathematical Institute and the Euler International Mathematical Institute in St. Petersburg, Russia.
We ask our colleagues who are interested in attending the event to inform us about this. More information and an application form can be found by clicking here. One can also use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Local Organizing Committee
List of Conferences
- L. Euler and Modern Combinatorics (A.M.Vershik, Yi Zhang) 01.06-07.06, 2007
- Euler Equations and Related Topics (G.A.Seregin) 07.06-09.06, 2007
- Euler Festival, 10-12, 06, 2007
- Arithmetic Geometry (S.V.Vostokov), 13.06-19.06, 2007
- Geometry Meeting (Yu.D.Burago, I.Taimanov) 18.06-23.06, 2007
- Meeting in Mathematical Analysis (N.K.Nikolski, S.V.Kislyakov), 25.06-30.06, 2007
- Modular Forms and Moduli Spaces (V.Gritsenko, D.Orlov, P.Zograf), 02.07-07.07, 2007
- Analytical Methods of Celestial Mechanics (K.Kholshevnikov, N.Vassiliev), 08.07-12.07, 2007
- Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (D.Diakonov, A.Mirlin) 13.07-18.07, 2007
- Reliable Methods for Mathematical Modeling (S.Repin) 24.07-27.07, 2007
Further Information: email@example.com