This is a Dover reprint of a book first published by Wiley in 1980. Theodore A. Vessey wrote a Telegraphic Review for the June 1981 issue of the American Mathematical Monthly:
A revised and expanded version of the 1977 edition (in Romanian). An essentially complete treatment of finite Markov chains at a level accessible to a novice in the field. An unusual feature is the treatment of inhomogeneous chains, which are currently of growing interest and importance. An extensive bibliography, emphasizing Romanian contributors to Markov processes.
The Dover edition includes four pages of errata.
Fernando Q. Gouvêa is the editor of MAA Reviews.
1. Elements of Probability Theory and Linear Algebra
2. Fundamental Concepts in Homogeneous Markov Chain Theory
3. Absorbing Markov Chains
4. Ergodic Markov Chains
5. General Properties of Markov Chains
6. Applications of Markov Chains in Psychhology and Genetics
7. Nonhomogeneous Markov Chains
8. Markov Processes
List of Symbols