Surveys in Geometry and Number Theory is a collection of survey articles in the areas of geometry and number theory. This is the first volume of such articles by young Russian mathematicians put out by the London Mathematical Society. The articles cover a broad range of topics in geometry and number theory. They are typical survey papers and give a nice introduction to the topics they cover. All the articles include a fairly comprehensive list of references.
This volume would be useful for someone transitioning their research into one of the fields covered in the text. It might also be a useful volume for a graduate student embarking on research in certain areas of geometry or number theory.
Suzanne Caulk is an assistant professor of mathematics at Regis University in Denver, CO. She is very interested in modular forms. You can email her at email@example.com.
1. Affine embeddings of homogeneous spaces I. V. Arzhantsev
2. Formal groups over local fields: a constructive approach M. V. Bondarko
3. Classification problems and mirror duality V. V. Golyshev
4. Birational models of del Pezzo fibrations M. M. Grinenko
5. Best Diophantine approximations N. G. Moshchevitin
6. Projectively dual varieties of homogeneous spaces E. A. Tevelev
7. Equivariant embeddings of homogeneous spaces D. A. Timashev
8. Geometric quantization and algebraic Lagrangian geometry N. A. Tyurin.