A complete mirascope with focus identified
Directions: On this dynamic webpage, the focus of the mirascope is identifed using the method discussed in the article. Please align the two parabolas in various ways by changing the c value and explore its effect on the position of the image.
- To hide any object you find confusing, please right click on it and toggle "Show Object".
- To see how the mirascope is constructed, right-click on the applet and check Navigation Bar. Using the control buttons, you could go through the whole process step by step.
- Drag point P to draw a shape.
- To turn on the Trace feature for a moving object, please right click on it and toggle "Trace On".
- To remove all traces, go to "View→Refresh Views". Alternatively, you could press "Ctrl+F" in Windows or the corresponding key combination in your operating system.
- To save the construction as a GeoGebra file or re-export it as a dynamic webpage, please visit www.GeoGebraTube.org and search for item 120221.
Created with GeoGebra