Parabolic mirror exercise
- To see how the parabolic mirror is constructed, right-click on the applet and check Navigation Bar. Using the control buttons, you could go through the whole process step by step.
- Drag point Object to draw a shape, and see how the image changes in contrast to the original.
- To turn on/off the Trace feature for a moving object, please right click on it and toggle "Trace On".
- To remove all traces, press "Ctrl+F" in Windows or the corresponding key combination in your operating system.
- Feel free to explore the relative positions of the focus, the eye, and the object. For example, what would happen if the eye and the object are both close to the vertex of the mirror behind the focus or at the focus?
Created with GeoGebra