You are here
Complex Newton Method Applet Version History
- Iteration panel displays iterations of Newton map, F(z), instead of original function f(z).
- Corrected issues with 4 new functions added in version 2.3.
- Added 4 more functions to pre-defined function menu.
- Fixed typo in function defintion of z^2-3z+2.
- Fixed plot roots bug where roots did not update when changing funtions.
- Thumbnails are now removed when changing functions.
- Boxed/cross axes property is now reflected in thumbnails.
- Added "ctrl+click" which means "place cursor location in default zoom field."
- Added f(z)=z(z-1-i) to list of pre-selected functions.
- Changed "Graph" button to "Graph/Update" button.
- Added "Proceed only when told to" dialogue box when clicking "Graph Basins" box.
- Thumbnail capability added with no limit on # of thumbnails.
- Added label of "Find roots of function."
- Fixed bug occuring when iterating initial value.
- Changed default radius of convergence for the first 4 pre-selected functions.
- Added some new pre-selected functions.
- Some parameters did not update correctly when clicking "Update"
or "Graph." This has been fixed.
- Circles of convergence did not always update correctly when other
things changed. This has been fixed.
- Version number becomes 1.0
- For pre-selected functions, use "radius of convergence" to
determine convergence rather than tolerance on step size.
- Pre-selected functions are hard coded, thus speeding up execution.
- Graphs of radii of convergence are available for pre-selected
- Latest version of iter pane is used.
- Menu bar added.
- Fixed bug occuring when number of orbit points pass 200.
- New function added to drop down menu.
- Using latest version of Default View menu.
- Integrated new default domain menu and ability to capture new
- "Default Domain" button becomes "Default View" button.
- Changed some label sizes so they would show up correctly on
- Changed color of iterations to white on fractal, black on
- Added z^3-1 to drop down menu.
- Changed domain/range for z^2-3z+1 tp [-3,3] x [-3,3]
- Fixed bug on zooming via mouse wheel.
- Removed options for circular and rectangular grids.
- Removed graph of range of function.
- Changed color scheme.
- Turned on ability to zoom via dragging.
- Corrected problem where basins of attraction were off-center.
- Header in iteration panel stays in place when scrolling up/down.
- Bug that prevented entry of starting iterate from keyboard has
- Labels changed in a few places.
- This version was not released.
- Fixed bug that caused colors to change when zooming.
Complex NewtTool, version 0.1
- Iterate complex version of Newton's method.
- See basins of attraction for all roots.
- Zoom in/out by scrolling mouse wheel or using slider on zoom
- Zoom in/out by clicking Zoom on/off button and then right/left
click on grapher.
Dummy View - NOT TO BE DELETED